Top 5 Chiropractic Myths
Chiropractic care is a non-invasive alternative to surgery and modern medicine.
Because of this, there are a number of myths associated with chiropractic that have negative connotations. However, these myths are exactly that – myths.
In fact, chiropractic is a reputable healthcare profession that is recognized worldwide as an effective treatment for physical issues relating to your muscular-skeletal system.
Let’s take a look at the top five chiropractic myths that put people off trying this beneficial treatment.
Looking at 5 Chiropractic Myths
Debunking five popular chiropractic myths:
- Adjustments Hurt: Instead of feeling pain when getting an adjustment, many people will experience relief. Because a chiropractor understands the muscular and skeletal system inherently, they can make appropriate adjustments without causing you further pain.
- I Need Repeat Sessions: This is not always the case. Depending on the severity, many patients who get chiropractic treatment for chronic pain only need two or three sessions to treat the issue successfully. Dr. Enix and team will put together a custom plan that will best get you on the road back to a pain-free, healthy life.
- It's Dangerous: A common myth around chiropractic care is that it's dangerous and comes with adverse risks. However, chiropractic is, in fact, the opposite. It's safer than painkillers or surgery and has a much lower toll on your body.
- Chiropractic Only Helps with Back Pain: At Smyrna Injury Center, we treat a wide array of chronic pain symptoms in addition to back pain. This includes chronic headaches, injuries attributed to auto accidents, neck pain, sports injuries, work place injuries and whiplash. We also focus on preventative care through our fitness and exercise programs, as well as massage therapy and wellness programs.
- It’s Expensive: Our last myth is not only false but also far from reality. Realistically, it is going to cost you less to visit the chiropractor than your regular doctor. Getting chiropractic care also means that you won’t have to take as many painkillers, bringing down other medical bills that you may have.
Debunking Top 5 Chiropractic Myths
Dr. Dale Enix of Smyrna Injury Center is a licensed chiropractor who works hard every day to debunk these myths around this alternative, non-invasive treatment.
Through his practice, Dr. Enix strives to promote a healthy lifestyle that focuses on your wellbeing while living pain-free. With state-of-the art physiotherapy procedures and a gentle, hands-on approach, Dr. Enix brings together the best natural supplements and chiropractic care to ensure that his patients are experiencing the relief they need.
Contact Smyrna Injury Center today and feel what it’s like to be free of your chronic pain. Call (770) 955-3502
Posted In: Smyrna Chiropractor