Workplace Ergonomics - How to Maintain Optimal Health and Energy
Whether you’re an employer looking to boost the productivity levels of your staff or you’re an employee wanting to make the most of your working day, it’s crucial you make overall health and wellness a priority.
After all, one study found that healthier workers were more productive. And most of these gains were achieved through less stress, more exercise, and better nutrition.
Workplace ergonomics also play a huge role in maintaining energy and health in the workplace.
What Are Workplace Ergonomics?
Workplace ergonomics are the scientific study of employees and their working environment and how this can be made more effective.
To create a comfortable working environment that boosts efficiency and productivity.
And some of the key (yet altogether simple) changes you can enforce include:
- Promoting good posture by sitting up straight, having both feet on the floor, and not slouching
- Having a chair that’s suited to you, ensuring your lumbar spine is sufficiently supported
- Using a footrest or lowering your chair to ensure your feet reach the floor comfortably and aren’t dangling
- Making sure your arms are adequately supported while you’re using a keyboard. This will reduce the stress on your neck and arms
- Ensuring your computer screen and keyboard are directly in front of you so you don’t have to twist and turn to do things
- Adjusting the top of your monitor so it’s level with your eyes
- Keeping your mouse and keyboard close by so you don’t reach too far and strain your arms and shoulders
- Resting your eyes frequently by taking a break from the screen
- Taking regular breaks to do alternative tasks or carry out some stretches
All of these tips are crucial to providing a better working environment for employees, particularly those who are sat at a desk all day.
How Could Chiropractic Care Help?
As well as the aforementioned tips, chiropractic care goes hand in hand with these workplace improvements.
Because research demonstrates that a whole host of health benefits can be garnered from chiropractic for subluxations (caused when spinal bones aren’t moving correctly or are in an incorrect position). And what’s more, these benefits are the same for someone who’s not even experiencing any symptoms before the treatment begins.
Another study also found other benefits to chiropractic, including better breathing, improved circulation, and better digestion.
Therefore, by utilizing chiropractic with the general improvements you can make in the workplace, your health and energy should be improved dramatically, making you far more productive throughout the working day.
Discover the overwhelming benefits of chiropractic care by calling our team today on 770-955-3502.